Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh introduced Agnipath Recruitment Scheme for Indian Armed forces. Army, Navy and Air Force chiefs were present at the event. The scheme has been referred to as historic move by Rajnath Singh.
Youngsters will be recruited under Agnipath scheme and they will be called Agniveers. They will get Agniveer Skill Certificate upon completion of 4 years of Full Course. One year they will be trained and for three years they will be given service job.
They can opt for regular cadre job and 25% of the Agniveers will be recruited into Armed Forces upon completion of the course. Retirement package will be handsome and cadets can submit the skill certificate to be eligible to other jobs as well.
Each Agniveer will contribute 30% of their salary to corpus fund. They will be paid one time package of 11.71 Lakh upon retirement under Seva Nidhi. This will include interest to be paid by government. Agniveers can apply for bank loans.
Important points to be noted for “Agnipath Scheme”
- Enrollment Age of the candidates should be 17.5 – 21 years
- One year training period and 3 years of service
- Salary package is determined to be Rs. 4.76 lakh for 1st year and could grow up to Rs. 6.92 lakh by 4th year
- Assessment will be based on merit and it will be 100% transparent, centralized process.
- After completion Agniveer Skill certificate and seva nidhi package of Rs. 11.71 lakh (approx.) including interest (tax free)
- Insurance cover upto Rs. 48 lakhs paid by Government
- Agniveer Skill Certificate will be designed in a way assist in future job search
- Disability compensation will be based on 100% or 75% or 50% disability determined by medical authorities and it will be 44 lakh or 25 lakh or 15 lakh, respectively.
- Additional ex-gratia upto 44 lakh will be paid in case of Death during the service, along with Seva Nidhi package and salary package for the 4 years.
- The Best in the program will be recruited into the army
- During the program, the recruited Agniveers will be given equal rank and respect as regular cadets.
- 46,000 to be recruited this year.